Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Thoughts from Maui

Letter from Boyd and Maile Mossman:
My Dear Esther and girls,
I am truly saddened at the departure of Evan from this life but will continue to cherish the joyful times we experienced together while you folks were here on Maui and more especially the personal training he provided me in Church leadership. I can never repay him for his leadership, time, and devotion in the service of God and the lasting example he will always be to me and so many others.
We just had a ward luau and celebrated the 34th anniversary of the Pukalani Ward. Evan's pictures were prominently displayed in the hallways of our chapel where the food line passed and so everyone got to see him and the history of our branch, district, ward, and stake. I'm glad I got to renew my memories of him and the family with other pictures that were displayed.
Esther, I know he will be missed but his legacy is priceless and his place in history secure because of his faith and obedience and because you were right there with him all along. Maile and I send our sincerest condolences and our expression of love to you and yours. May we all meet again and renew our ties as an eternal family. No ke akua e ho'opomaika'o ia oukou. God bless you all.
Boyd and Maile


To my mother, from Linda Akinaka:
Esther, I'm so sorry to hear that Evan is no longer with you. He was wonderful to my family. His influence as a church leader, construction boss, and friend will always be remembered. I hope you will find comfort as you start on this phase of life. I wish the best for you and for Lori, Annette, and Emi - Much Aloha, Linda

To mom from Vance Akinaka:
Esther - My sincerest sympathies to you and the family. Evan meant so much to us all. He was my mentor in so many ways. Most of all he was my friend. I called him a couple of weeks ago and he mentioned his health challenges weren't that good. I tried to cheer him up a bit and let him know what he meant to me. My the Lord be kind to you and fill his void with the love of family and friends. Our fondest aloha to all. Your friend always, Vance

No comments: