Sunday, April 26, 2009

This is a beautiful email sent to Mom by a member of the Kahului Stake when Dad was the Stake President. Thank you so much Sister Leola Vierra!!

Evan was a strict but wonderful stake president. He had a sense of humor and turned beet red holding back his laughter whenever he told the fish story describing the very surprised and emparrassed Pres. Kailiponi carrying an open box with a huge fresh aku(probably a 20 pounder) that a member handed to him just before entering the plane.
I can still remember Pres. Larsen calling me into his office a week afer Mikey passed away. I wasn't aware that he was watching me at this high priest activity that Mike and I were forced to attend at the stake center. Dad called us and said that Pres. Larsen wants us to be at the stake center. Dad told him that he didn't think we were ready to attend, but he insisted. During the program, my body was there, but not my wounded spirit. I was so brokenhearted, I wanted to cry and be at home. Someone tapped me on the shoulder and told me that Pres. Larsen wants to see me in his office. He sat me down with tears streaming down his cheeks and said with very deep emotion, "Sister Vierra, don't you know that there was nothing that you could have done to prevent the death of your son? If I could only take away your pain, I would do it for you." I was crying uncontrollablly because his words were so comforting to me and were exactly what I needed to hear.

No comments: