Saturday, April 25, 2009

Remembering Uncle Evan

This is a post by Mari, Evan's neice. . . I hope she doesn't mind me posting this here.

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Remembering Uncle Evan

It is still sinking in that Uncle Evan has passed away so quickly. It is so sad, but at the same time I can't help but feel as though our prayers were answered. I prayed, and I am sure others too, that he would not have to suffer. I am glad Dad was able to have a few long conversations with him before he passed. I am sure he told him he loved him, and I'm sure Uncle Evan knows that we all love him and will miss him. What I remember most about Uncle Evan was his smile. He had the kind of smile that lit up his whole face, one that said, "I might be up to something." I told the boys of his passing and told them that he had a great sense of humor and he was fun to be around. Jack said, "Maybe that's why I'm so funny, I'm like him." I had no idea that Jack thought he was "so funny." I remember Dad and Uncle Evan arm wrestling, and full body wrestling! They would laugh so hard their faces would turn bright red like they were going to burst. We stayed with Uncle Evan in Hawaii on our first anniversary. He was very kind and generous. He took us shopping and bought chocolate for everyone back home. Bottom line is I remember someone great. He was always interested in us as kids, and we loved him for it. I am glad that our family knows that we will see him again. That one day, Dad and him will hug again, and they'll both laugh, because Dad will have a full head of hair, just like Uncle Evan.

No comments: